[FPSPACE] NASA explanation of weak SuitSat signals

satcom john at satcom.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 08:15:59 EST 2006

Hi Julie,

Must say I entirely agree with the sentiment of your post.
Whilst I have just about heard the output from suitsat ( and only just ) I
can imagine how much of a dissapointment it must be to students around the
world who were eagerly looking forward to hearing the transmission and
decoding the image.

I mentioned on this list  last week , that it might be an idea to re
transmit the suitsat message , and SSTV signal from ISS itself.That way all
the effort put in by schools and colleges would be rewarded.....perhaps not
fully , but the technology would at least be demonstrated.
( I am aware that the signals are also relayed on UHF....but they too are
far too weak to make any sense of )

John

UK.