[FPSPACE] (resending) enough with the freakin' attachments already

Jens Kieffer-Olsen dstdba at post4.tele.dk
Sat Oct 30 13:46:29 EDT 2004

 Or at least some types of attachment. It's quite often that
 a mesage is accompanied by a harmless attachment ATTnnnnn.txt.

 One such was in my fpspace digest vol. 8, issue 30, which
 contained the virus you complain about. My ISP, called TDC,
 had added it.

 The contents of ATT00008.txt were:

 --------  Virus fjernet/removed --------

TDC's mail virusscanner har fjernet Information.scr, da den indeholdt en
virus (W32/Bagle.z at MM).

TDC's mail virus scanner has removed Information.scr, because it
contained a virus (W32/Bagle.z at MM).

 So, once again it seems that backward ISPs lead some
 of us to ask for draconian measures, which more forward
 ISPs have already rendered unnecessary?

--
Jens Kieffer-Olsen
Slagelse, Denmark