[FPSPACE] FP is under virus/spam attack

Keith Gottschalk kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za
Fri Oct 29 15:47:15 EDT 2004

>>> this list-serve should NOT accept attachments >anymore  DDAY

  Seconded. All my 300 students, who have to submit all assignments to me by email, are warned that I delete all attachments from them, unread. They must learn to copy & paste inside their email.

   Fpspace earlier agreed that instead of attachments, security required us to offer either hyperlinks, or URLs. Or else just say email me, & I will send an attachment to any interested individuals by prior arrangement.

   With the hackers & viruses, this is now just as essential as the unquestioned rule that you do not fill up with LOX & LH until all non-essential personnel walk away to the other side of the Banana River   :)  And smokers drive off to Miami :)