[FPSPACE] FP is under virus/spam attack

DwayneDay zirconic1 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 29 14:05:50 EDT 2004

As some of you may have figured out already, it appears that FPSpace is under another virus/spam attack.  Someone used one of my old, defunct e-mail addresses to send a message (they tried the same thing several months ago, using my name and then Jim Oberg's name--which I think they have lifted off an FPSpace archive).  And then there was another message from another e-mail address.

I deleted these things and suggest you do too.

I agree with Mr. Kennedy (whose message did not come through on my machine, but whose subject line was clear) that this list-serve should NOT accept attachments anymore.  They are easy virus vectors.  Changing the software to deflect all messages with attachments is a good security precaution.