[FPSPACE] Solar space power

DwayneDay zirconic1 at earthlink.net

From: LARRY KLAES <ljk4 at msn.com>

If we want to talk about finding new energy sources and keep it on the space subject,
how about solar space power in the form of huge solar panels beaming energy down
to Earth:

http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/space_solar_000908.html<http://www.space.com/businesstechnology/technology/space_solar_000908.html>

Of course the concern of the day is, could this be misused as a terrorist weapon?
I remember reading how during World War 2 the Nazis had plans to put large mirrors
in space to focus sunlight down on enemy targets; imagine a giant version of frying
insects with a magnifying glass.

It cannot happen.  Absolutely impossible given the technology.  The amount of energy per meter is pretty low.  It's not a laser beam.