[FPSPACE] NYT: Secret Papers About China Are Released by theC.I.A.

Allen Thomson thomsona at flash.net
Mon Oct 25 15:11:16 EDT 2004

>  The website is a bit of a pain, as you have to open a separate window for
> each page of each document, rather than simply downloading a pdf of each
> document.

They can be reassembled into more useable form: a while back, on a slow,
gray afternoon, I went through some of the space-related materials @cia.gov,
got the page images, shipped them off to a kindly net.friend who stitched
them together, and they now reside in somewhat more convient form in the
"Soviet Space Program" part of http://www.fas.org/irp/cia/product/ . Alas,
they aren't searchable, which might be the next service for the common good
to be rendered by someone with a good OCR engine or nimble fingers and lots
of spare time.

In any event, I hope someone, probably the National Security Archive if not
the CIA itself, will depaginate the new China documents.