[FPSPACE] ISS: Will US ever use DART-like automated rendezvous?

Jim Oberg joberg at houston.rr.com
Mon Oct 25 14:02:27 EDT 2004

The fundamental advance as I see it, is that DART will use technology that
doesn't need a cooperative target (i.e., a transponder). It is using laser
reflectors on the target, this time, but that's not required in the future.

There has never been an automated non-cooperative-target rendezvous in space
history, AFAIK.