[FPSPACE] Russian hardware, lost cosmonauts, and more...

DwayneDay zirconic1 at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 22 14:59:11 EDT 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: "William C. Keel" <keel at bildad.astr.ua.edu>

Our Ukrainian grad student pointed me to
http://epizodsspace.testpilot.ru/bibl/pervushin/
which has some of his recent articles. Maybe most interesting is
the one about the lost cosmonauts, which includes not only a recent
picture of the Brothers Judica-Cordiglia, but a contemporary
picture (in uniform) of Vladimir Ilyushin. "He's not dead yet!".

********

One of the things that has always puzzled me about the whole lost cosmonauts conspiracy theory is how incredibly flimsy their "evidence" is.  Then again, one of the traits of amateurs--and most conspiracy theorists are amateurs without formal training--is that they do not know how to weigh the credibility and importance of information.

In the case of this story, I don't think that Ilyushin himself has ever publicly stated that it happened.  Has he?  And he has certainly not offered any other evidence, such as photographs or documents.  Isn't this primarily a case of people saying that this stuff happened to him, and Ilyushin essentially going along for the ride because it makes him famous?