[FPSPACE] Russian hardware, lost cosmonauts, and more...

William C. Keel keel at bildad.astr.ua.edu
Fri Oct 22 10:32:10 EDT 2004

JimO egged me on a bit with this, and as a clone, how could I decline?
I just started a WWW page with some USSR/Russian space history bits -
currently a few pictures from the Moscow Cosmonautics Museum
and my earlier summary of the two Pervushin volumes, at
http://www.astr.ua.edu/keel/space
A few more pictures to come, from exhibits in Moscow, Utrecht,
Texas, and Huntsville, as the scanner warms up.

Our Ukrainian grad student pointed me to
http://epizodsspace.testpilot.ru/bibl/pervushin/
which has some of his recent articles. Maybe most interesting is
the one about the lost cosmonauts, which includes not only a recent
picture of the Brothers Judica-Cordiglia, but a contemporary
picture (in uniform) of Vladimir Ilyushin. "He's not dead yet!".
That whole site is worth a bookmark, with some stuff put together
as references to (I gather) NK writing. Any time you need a list
of Soyuz landing sites, Sergei Khlynin's your guy.

Bill Keel