[FPSPACE] Starfleet Academy -- the beginning

Keith Gottschalk kgottschalk at uwc.ac.za
Wed Oct 20 06:06:50 EDT 2004

>> The jargon has gotten outta control.
>>
>by junior high students, and there is jargon in every freaking sentence (or

       OK you guys, please practice what U preach the next time U give us a posting full of hyphen-INTS & other Pentagon acronyms!   :)  Behind each acronym, the 1st time you type it, please put the word in full in brackets.

    We South Africans are also acronym addicts. Right now I am teaching two US short-stay students a telescoped variant of a half-semester course on introducing South African (Westminster-style) politics & government. I have to give them a gift in the first lecture of a two page hand-out explaining our more important acronyms!

Keith