[FPSPACE] NYT: Secret Papers About China Are Released by the C.I.A.

DwayneDay zirconic1 at earthlink.net

From: Paolo Ulivi <paolo.ulivi at tiscali.it>
Sent: Oct 20, 2004 2:16 AM

The documents are browsable at http://www.foia.cia.gov/search.asp?pageNumber=1&freqReqRecord=china.txt

********

There is space stuff here.  For instance, look at NIE 13-8-71 COMMUNIST CHINA'S WEAPONS PROGRAM FOR STRATEGIC ATTACK and go to page 36 in the pdf (page 29 of the actual document).  It's not much, but it predicts an "ambitious" Chinese space program, including geodetic satellites in support of their ICBM program.

There is space material in other documents.  I'll post anything interesting if I find it.