[FPSPACE] Comments Needed on IAA 'Beyond LEO' Piece-by-Piece Strategy

Jim Oberg joberg at houston.rr.com
Fri Oct 8 15:49:58 EDT 2004

For an article in a major science magazine, I need to get outside appraisals of

the International Academy of Astronautics study released last July about

a strategy for a step-by-step approach to human space exploration beyond

LEO. The actual paper is linked below, along with some supportive

documentation. What seems still to be missing are critical reviews of

the plan by non-participants. If anyone can point me to such reviews,

or could provide such comments for attribution directly, I'd be much obliged.

The actual 123-page paper (pdf) is at

http://www.iaanet.org/p_papers/exploringspace.pdf

October 12, 2004 presentation in DC

http://www.iaanet.org/future/s11presentation.pdf