[FPSPACE] Informal SpaceShipOne poll

David Anderman davida at cwo.com
Tue Oct 5 19:06:19 EDT 2004

Nothing is for sure in this world, or in space, but assuming a reasonable
test program for SS1 and its successor, and no other catastrophes, I would
imagine that someone will be offering rides into space later this decade.
The question has been asked as to who is going to buy those tickets, and it
occurred to me that *I* have a fairly reasonable chance of being able to
afford a ticket in the same time frame, so I have to ask myself would *I*
go, assuming that the ticket price was affordable to me. In that case, I
would look carefully at the testing program, and if it were sufficient, and
the contract for ticket purchase were reasonable (ie reflight insurance in
case the engine didn't light), I would probably go. I suspect that I would
have wait in a long line for that ticket, however.

DWA