[FPSPACE] Branson

Robert Law robert_law at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 15:17:08 EDT 2004

Rex,

I remember reading that Richard Branson has put in a order for 5 spaceships !, now that spaceship one was a success , he will go full speed ahead !  I always expected that Richard would eventually get into spaceflight in fact he registered the Virgin Galactic trade mark back in the 90s!   . I have a lot of respect for Richard Branson he has put a lot of money into the railways and the tilting trains  are fantastic I remember the APT .

best whishes from Scotland

Robert

and congratulations to spaceship one !

Rex Hall <Rex.D.Hall at tesco.net> wrote:
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }
Good Evening

I note that Branson intends to launch his rrockets from all over the world even Europe. Is this the long awaited British space program? Usually we do the development and someone else develops the commercial usage. This seems the other way around. The Virgin Company he has put together is British. Has he stolen a march on everyone? How many spaceships one craft can be built at one time?  Has he an exclusive contract.  Branson might have his moments but he is a shrewd businessman with a flair for good marketing which usually means him dressing up. This project is right up there on his previous adventures. He was intereted in a Soyuz flight but did not want to waste the six months in his terms of training.

He will be one of the first on a flight.

Thoughts please.

Rex