[FPSPACE] Branson

Rex Hall Rex.D.Hall at tesco.net
Tue Oct 5 13:28:34 EDT 2004

Good Evening

I note that Branson intends to launch his rrockets from all over the world
even Europe. Is this the long awaited British space program? Usually we do
the development and someone else develops the commercial usage. This seems
the other way around. The Virgin Company he has put together is British. Has
he stolen a march on everyone? How many spaceships one craft can be built at
one time?  Has he an exclusive contract.  Branson might have his moments but
he is a shrewd businessman with a flair for good marketing which usually
means him dressing up. This project is right up there on his previous
adventures. He was intereted in a Soyuz flight but did not want to waste the
six months in his terms of training.

He will be one of the first on a flight.

Thoughts please.

Rex