[FPSPACE] Fate of Genesis bus

Paolo Ulivi paolo.ulivi at tiscali.it
Mon Oct 4 06:28:30 EDT 2004

Thank you,
I have seen that a proposal for a follow on Genesis mission (called
Exodus since Exodus follows Genesis) was put forward. It called for the
Genesis bus to be put in a Earth trailing orbit where it would cooperate
with other spacecraft to study the solar wind and interplanetary
environment. However, it was deemed that the science return did not
justify the relatively high cost of the mission extension.
See
http://spacescience.nasa.gov/admin/divisions/ss/SEC_Senior_Review_2003.pdf
Paolo