[FPSPACE] RE: Last Few Hours in History of Unmanned Space?

Dwayne Allen Day wayneday@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 17:31:33 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Jim Benson wrote:

> Another reason NASA and the U.S. government were so adamant about
> downing Mir and undermining the Russian space program was to stop the
> unprecedented Russian record of 13 years of unbroken human presence in
> space in order to restart the clock in the West's favor.

Do you have proof of this in the form of documents or comments from NASA
officials?  How do we know that this is true?

I'm always amused that space activists attribute such malevolent attitudes
to NASA.  As for the "US government"--frankly, nobody outside of NASA
really cares.  Space just does not matter as an important political issue.

DDAY