[FPSPACE] will the 800-lb gorilla please stand up?

Robert G Kennedy III robot@ultimax.com
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:37:12 -0400

from the /NYT/ article:

>first. "Our contention is that we are going to put together a proposal and
>submit it to the owners of the International Space Station," Mr. Moslener
>of Boeing said. "As to who will park where, it's up to the partners."

What bureacratic bull. It'll be decided by the 800-lb gorilla (NASA) in a
back room somewhere. In more polite language, NASA is /primus inter alia/.
Didn't the Soviets call themselves exactly that in the context of the
COMECON/Warsaw Pact?

primus inter alia means "first among equals", a nice bit of Orwellian
phraseology.

--
Robert Kennedy, PE
http://www.ultimax.com