[FPSPACE] MirCorp's money for ISS ?

Dwayne Allen Day wayneday@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:48:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, David Anderman wrote:

> Well, MirCorp has - to date - generated over $30 million cash that goes
> directly to Energia for Soyuz/Progress construction. Another big chunk of
> cash is scheduled for payment in November.

Where is that money coming from?

(It is also interesting to note that the money in question was owed to
Energia LAST MONTH.  It was around October 3 that Manber admitted that
MirCorp was two weeks late on its payment to Energia.  And that is the
money that is being promised by November.  There's a great George
Thoroughgood song about promising his landlady that he'll pay her last
month's rent next month, just as soon as he gets a job...)

> Given that MirCorp has recruited some large customers - Dennis Tito and NBC
> - there is a reasonable chance that additional funds, beyond those already
> invested, will be available in 2001.

Someone on this list noted a week or so ago that MirCorp has had eight
months to generate revenue and has failed to do so.  Who was that?  I
can't remember...

DDAY