[FPSPACE] The MirCorp soap opera continues (fwd)

DEMPSEY, ROBERT C. (JSC-DF25) robert.c.dempsey1@jsc.nasa.gov
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 11:15:57 -0500

But one of those - solar activity - could not possibly have been a surprise.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Anderman [mailto:davida@cwo.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2000 10:52 AM
To: fpspace@friends-partners.org
Subject: Re: [FPSPACE] The MirCorp soap opera continues (fwd)

It is important to note that the current issues that MirCorp are
confronting are transitory in nature - basically, everything bad that could
happen to Mir is happening at once: money crunches, solar activity,
mounting ISS requirements for Progress. If the current issues are resolved,
there is a good possibility that Mir will be around for a good while
longer, although future soap operas are possible.

For those whose only information about MirCorp's financial prospects are
Dwayne Day's recent treatise in which he claimed that no revenues from
space tourism were likely, I should say that the public information about
MirCorp's  deals represent a fraction of what is really happening, and that
the public information about MirCorps' revenues from the announced deals do
not correctly state the potential revenues.

I believe that MirCorp's value is in demonstrating the economic value of
space stations, and that one day, NASA may use MirCorp as an example of
what is possible at ISS.

DWA