Keyboard Layout for Windows
Now you can have the same easy-to-use phonetic keyboard layout you came to trust on your Mac when using Windows. I understand that you would rather be using your Mac, but sometimes we simply have no control over these things. So while you have to put up with Windows, at least you do not have to put up with a typewriter-style keyboard layout!
Created on Windows XP using Microsoft Keyboard Layout
Creator (MSKLC) Version 1.3.4022
Should be compatible with Windows 2000 and XP (limited testing performed
on XP only)
- Double-click "RU-MBP" to install
- Start->Settings->Control Panel->Regional and Language
- Languages Tab, in "Text services and input languages," click
- Under "Installed services," click "Add..."
- Under "Input language:" select Russian
- Check "Keyboard layout/IME:"
- Choose "Russian Phonetic Student Keyboard Layout," click "OK"
- There are now 2 Russian keyboard layouts; remove the one named "Russian"
- One the same window under "Preferences" click "Language Bar..."
- Check "Show the Language bar on the desktop" and click "OK"
- A few more "OK" to dismiss the remaining windows
- Now, use Left Alt + Shift to activate the new layout you just installed!
- If you use this layout, consider making a donation to support this site.