Fonts and Keyboard Layouts installation instructions
If you are running System 7.x.x and higher
- Open the folder with fonts; you should see either font suitcases or
- Double-click on your Hard disk icon; make sure the System Folder icon
is visible. Do not open the System Folder by double-clicking on it!
- Select the fonts you would like to install.
- Drag the selected fonts and drop them on top of the System Folder icon.
- The computer will ask for confirmation to install the fonts in the
appropriate place in the System Folder. Push the "OK" button.
- The computer will inform you that the font has been installed.
- Repeat the same sequence with the keyboard layout icon.
- To use the new keyboard layout, choose it in "Keyboard" Control Panel.
- Note: you will not see the keyboard layout in "Keyboard" Control
Panel unless you install either Russian Script or Russian version of
If you are running System 6.0.x
- Why are you still running System 6 anyway?
- Note: you will not be able to use the keyboard layout.
- Use Font/DA mover to install the fonts.
- Restart your Macintosh.