This page no longer updated from 31 October 2001. Latest version can be found at www.astronautix.com
|Rokot - |
Credit: Khrunichev. 20,162 bytes. 14 x 101 pixels.
Family: UR. Country: Russia. Status: Hardware. Other Designations: RS-18. Department of Defence Designation: SS-19 Mod.1. Article Number: 15A30. Manufacturer's Designation: UR-100N.
Launch vehicle based decommissioned Chelomei ICBMs. 106 tonne liftoff mass.
Launches: 4. Failures: 0. Success Rate: 100.00% pct. First Launch Date: 20 December 1990. Last Launch Date: 16 May 2000. LEO Payload: 1,800 kg. to: 200 km Orbit. at: 53.0 degrees. Payload: 1,000 kg. to a: sun synchronous, 800 km, 98.6 deg orbital trajectory. Liftoff Thrust: 190,000 kgf. Total Mass: 107,000 kg. Core Diameter: 2.5 m. Total Length: 29.1 m. Launch Price $: 15.00 million. in 1999 price dollars.
- Stage Number: 1. 1 x UR-100N Stage 1N Gross Mass: 77,150 kg. Empty Mass: 5,695 kg. Thrust (vac): 181,373 kgf. Isp: 310 sec. Burn time: 121 sec. Isp(sl): 285 sec. Diameter: 2.5 m. Span: 2.5 m. Length: 17.2 m. Propellants: N2O4/UDMH No Engines: 4. RD-0232
|Start Launcer - Start launch vehicle cannister, Svobodniy|
12,663 bytes. 241 x 130 pixels.
- Stage Number: 2. 1 x UR-100N Stage 2N Gross Mass: 12,195 kg. Empty Mass: 1,485 kg. Thrust (vac): 21,850 kgf. Isp: 322 sec. Burn time: 183 sec. Diameter: 2.5 m. Span: 2.5 m. Length: 3.9 m. Propellants: N2O4/UDMH No Engines: 1. RD-0235
- Stage Number: 3. 1 x Rokot-3 Briz Gross Mass: 6,565 kg. Empty Mass: 1,600 kg. Thrust (vac): 2,000 kgf. Isp: 326 sec. Burn time: 1,000 sec. Diameter: 2.5 m. Span: 2.5 m. Length: 1.3 m. Propellants: N2O4/UDMH No Engines: 1. S5.98M
Credit: Khrunichev. 9,907 bytes. 205 x 189 pixels.
1990 Dec 20 - LV Configuration: Rokot (2 stage). Launch Site: Baikonur .
1991 Dec 20 - Launch Site: Baikonur .
|Universal Rockets - Chelomei's Universal Rocket Family. From left to right: UR-200. Original UR-500 configuration, composed of clustered UR-200's. Conventional UR-500 monoblock configuration. Selected UR-500 polyblock configuration. UR-500 two-stage configuration as flown. UR-500K configuration with Block D upper stage.|
Credit: © Mark Wade. 36,031 bytes. 630 x 351 pixels.
1994 Dec 26 - - 03:01 GMT. Launch Site: Baikonur . Launch Complex: LC175.
- Radio-ROSTO RS-15 Spacecraft: Radio. Payload: RS-15. Mass: 70 kg.
2000 May 16 - - 08:27 GMT. Launch Site: Plesetsk .
- Simsat-2 Payload: Simsat-2.
|Rokot - Rokot launch vehicle|
20,480 bytes. 122 x 657 pixels.
- Simsat-1 Payload: Simsat-1.
First Rokot flight from Plesetsk, using a launch pad originally used for Kosmos rockets. The two-stage modified UR-100NUTTKh ICBM, delivered a Briz-KM upper stage to a suborbital trajectory. The first Briz burn was to an approximately 200 x 550 km transfer orbit; the second burn circularized at apogee. It placed two 660 kg dummy satellites in orbits similar to the parking orbit was used for the defunct Iridium program. The Briz-KM stage then made a third burn to lower its perigee to a 178 x 556 km x 86.4 deg disposal orbit.
Credit: © Mark Wade. 1,694 bytes. 45 x 292 pixels.
- 42 - Isakowitz, Steven J,, International Reference to Space Launch Systems Second Edition, AIAA, Washington DC, 1991.
- 455 - Isakowitz, Steven J,, International Reference to Space Launch Systems Third Edition, AIAA, Washington DC, 2000.
Back to Index
Last update 12 March 2001.
Definitions of Technical Terms.
Contact Mark Wade with any corrections or comments.
Conditions for use of drawings, pictures, or other materials from this site..
© Mark Wade, 2001 .