This page no longer updated from 31 October 2001. Latest version can be found at www.astronautix.com
|CZ-2E(A) Booster - CZ-2E(A) launch vehicle that will be used for manned missions.|
13,286 bytes. 124 x 463 pixels.
Family: Long March. Country: China. Status: Hardware. Other Designations: Long March 2E(A).
Planned upgrade of CZ-2E with enlarged boosters. Probably intended for launch of Chinese space station modules in the next century.
LEO Payload: 12,000 kg. to: 200 km Orbit. at: 28.0 degrees. Liftoff Thrust: 909,000 kgf. Total Mass: 695,000 kg. Core Diameter: 3.4 m. Total Length: 53.6 m. Launch Price $: 55.00 million. in 1999 price dollars.
- Stage Number: 0. 4 x CZ-2E(A)-0 Gross Mass: 80,000 kg. Empty Mass: 8,000 kg. Thrust (vac): 166,500 kgf. Isp: 291 sec. Burn time: 125 sec. Isp(sl): 261 sec. Diameter: 2.3 m. Span: 2.3 m. Length: 27.0 m. Propellants: N2O4/UDMH No Engines: 2. YF-20B
- Stage Number: 1. 1 x CZ-2E-1 Gross Mass: 196,500 kg. Empty Mass: 9,500 kg. Thrust (vac): 332,952 kgf. Isp: 289 sec. Burn time: 166 sec. Isp(sl): 261 sec. Diameter: 3.4 m. Span: 6.0 m. Length: 23.7 m. Propellants: N2O4/UDMH No Engines: 4. YF-20B
- Stage Number: 2. 1 x CZ-2E-2 Gross Mass: 91,500 kg. Empty Mass: 5,500 kg. Thrust (vac): 84,739 kgf. Isp: 298 sec. Burn time: 295 sec. Isp(sl): 260 sec. Diameter: 3.4 m. Span: 3.4 m. Length: 15.5 m. Propellants: N2O4/UDMH No Engines: 1. YF-25/23
- 42 - Isakowitz, Steven J,, International Reference to Space Launch Systems Second Edition, AIAA, Washington DC, 1991.
- 61 - Wilson, Andrew, editor,, Jane's/Interavia Space Directory, Jane's Information Group, Coulsdon, Surrey, 1992 et al.
|Chinese Manned LVs - Chinese Launch Vehicles for Manned Projects. From left: Tsien Spaceplane Launcher, 1978; Project 921 Launch Vehicle, 1992; CZ-2F, 1999; CZ-2E(A), 2000. Only the last two were put into full scale development.|
Credit: © Mark Wade. 21,771 bytes. 360 x 480 pixels.
Back to Index
Last update 12 March 2001.
Definitions of Technical Terms.
Contact Mark Wade with any corrections or comments.
Conditions for use of drawings, pictures, or other materials from this site..
© Mark Wade, 2001 .