ul. Ferganskaia 86
Founded in 1989, the association works to create an interregional network of environmental groups and activists for information exchange and mutual support. It has organized a resource library, and conducts environmental education programs for children. It also disseminates information on the environment to the general public through the mass media. Recent projects of the association include:
- "Memorials of Nature" in which citizens help to inventory local flora and fauna;
- "Nature Through the Eyes of Children" in order to foster a respect and appreciation for nature among schoolchildren;
- "Analysis of Air and Water Pollution" to gauge the impact of industrial activity on the environment;
- "Meetings of Fergana" to discuss the problem confronted by local non-governmental organizations;
- "Appraisal of the Needs of Rural Areas" training seminar for twenty representatives of social organizations in Uzbekistan and Kazakstan;
- "Ecology, Spirituality, Culture" youth education program attended by 141 students.
Last updated: November 1998
A print version of much of the information contained in this Central Asian Third Sector Organizations section can be found in Civil Society in Central Asia (Seattle: University of Washington Press, 1999).