Post Office Box 1993
The Vinnitsa Region Jewish Community has several functions, including the following:
- Supporting the elderly and sick Jews of the region.
- Creating and implementing educational programs.
- Revitalizing Yiddish language and culture.
- Preserving the region's Jewish historical artifacts, sites, and monuments.
- Celebrating the traditional Jewish holidays.
The VRJC's archives (in Vinnitsa) contain documents pertaining to the Holocaust; these materials are primarily in Russian and Ukrainian, but there are also some documents in German.
The VRJC has several ongoing projects -- which include restoring the town's synagogue. The community has eight Jewish schools, a lecture center, and musical groups which perform Yiddish music and dance.
David Dickerson (email@example.com) has created a Web site dedicated to VRJC at: www.igc.apc.org/ddickerson/podolia-vrjc.html
Last updated: April 1998