The Tver InterContact Group unites several academic, information, analytical, publishing and consulting centers. The activity of all these centers is aimed at promoting international cooperation, rendering educational services in Russia and developing cultural exchanges between the citizens of Russia and other countries.
If your professional or academic activities require extensive information about Russian and the CIS countries' political and economic life, visit the InterContact web site. It is prepared jointly by the analytical center specialists and the West-European Press Service. Here you will find detailed topical information about political, economic, business, and cultural life in the former Soviet republics. Information digests are based on daily reviews of electronic and print media (a unique possibility which provides virtual access to more tha 1,000 central and regional resources).
Among the programs that work under the Tver InterContact Group are:
- * International Institute of Russian Language and Culture
- In addition to its regular year-round academic activities, the IIRLC provides unique opportunities to learn about contemporary Russian society and important professional areas through an excellent range of topical programs, field study research projects, seminars, workshops and internships. The programs and services offered at the IIRLC are intended for both college and university students concentrating in various aspects of Russian Studies, as well as people of all backgrounds and interests.
- * WPS Agency (What the Papers Say)
- For the first time in many decades, the Russian press has become diverse and free, and the need to be oriented in it aroused the need for a digest, first of all, for those who were working in the country and did not know Russian. WPS is a reliable and unbiased intermediary between you and the constantly increasing flow of information. WPS acts as a funnel, gathering the broadest range of information possible, selecting what is of genuine interest and removing all the dross and duplication. We present it to you in the most manageable form, in a clear, easy to read and concise English.
- * Institute for International Communication
- * IC Media and Publications
- * Center for Information and Research in International Education
- * Translation and Communications Support Unit
- * International Business Orientation Service
- * Center for Tourism Development
- * TverInfoMagistral
This organizational description was sent to CCSI by Andrei Shkvorov, President of Tver InterContact Group.
Last updated: May 1997
A print version of much of the information contained in this NIS Third Sector Organizations section can be found in the The Post-Soviet Handbook (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1999).