BLAGO is a non-profit, non-governmental organization, established by the Director General of the largest ship-repair plant in the city of Taganrog and the Director of the largest Taganrog bank - “Russlavbank”. It accumulates donations made by the founders and uses them to finance different educational and social programs. Among those programs are:
- “Care” – helping retired and elderly people, single-parent families ;
- “Children of Russia” – helping orphan schools (clothes, foods, buildings and transport repair) and schools for impaired and deaf children ;
- “Education” – establishing Foundation grants for bright students and the best professors, sponsoring different contests in the city educational institutions;
- “Health Care” – providing financing for the city medical institutions (medicine, food, etc. ), helping elderly people in buying the necessary medicine;
- “Sport” – supporting young people going in for sports, financing their trips to the other cities for taking part in different competitions , arranging sport competitions in the home city;
- “Culture” – arranging and supporting different art festivals, concerts and so on, supporting art school for disabled children.
Our Foundation is ready for cooperation with any charity non-profit organizations and will gladly consider any joint projects and programs.
Last updated: October 1999
A print version of much of the information contained in this NIS Third Sector Organizations section can be found in the The Post-Soviet Handbook (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1999).