13 Turgenev St. # 148
The URAL FOUNDATION FOR SOCIAL INNOVATIONS (UFSI) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization that was launched in 1996 to support development projects in the fields of education, culture, science, economy, and the media.
The UFSI founders are
faculty members and alumni of:
· Ural State University
· Institute of Philosophy and Law of the Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Science
· Ural Civil Service Academy
The Center for Marketing Information is a customer-focused commercial consulting service that provides:
Did you know…
…that Pepsi International Bottlers is one of the Centers for Marketing Information's happy clients!
· Short-term and long-term analysis of Russia’s economic and social conditions
· Assessment of social and political influences within certain regions of Russia
· Market research and evaluation for specific regions in Russia
· Management consulting on the issues of organization effectiveness, human resource administration, strategic planning, corporate culture.
· Public relations and media method advising.
The Open Governing Program is a training program for local government officials including lectures and seminars conducted by scholars and practitioners in relevant fields in order to develop and enhance local officials’ professional skills and knowledge.
The program's geographic area covers
The Sverdlovsk and Perm regions,
and the Republic of Udmurtia.
The Center for Personnel Consultation provides career assistance to the public as well as employment searches for organizations and private clients.
The Center publishes the CAREER-Ural weekly newsletter containing updated information on the local job market.
Current Supported Projects
The Program for a Free and Responsible Press (PFRP) is the local initiative to promote the development of a free, ethical and responsible press.
Did you know…
The program conducts round table discussions and seminars for young journalists working in the Sverdlovsk region. In 1996, 1997 and 1998 the program was funded by the National Endowment for Democracy (U.S.A.)
… that the UFSI and PRFP partnership resulted in co-founding the first Political Consultants Guild in the Urals and Siberia. This Association unites professional political consultants working for election campaigns.
The Telephone of Trust is the information and consultative center that aims to eliminate teenage drug abuse in the region. In 1997, the center received a starter grant from the Eurasia Foundation.
The Young Leaders of the 21st Century is a program launched by the Ural State University's UNESCO Club. The program addresses college students of the Ural region and aims to create a productive environment so that the participants develop into capable and accountable future leaders. The core event of the program is an international youth leadership conference conducted every August since 1995.
· Center for Federalism
· Glasnost Defense Foundation
· National Press Institute
· Nizhny Tagil City Administration
· Reporters without Borders (France)
· Sverdlovsk Regional Branch of Russian Journalists’ Union
· The Civic Education Project
· The Freedom Forum (U.S. A.)
· The Good Will Charity Foundation
· The US Consulate General in Yekaterinburg
· Ural State University
· Ural State University Department of Journalism
· Ural State University Foundation for Education, Science and Culture
Andrey Vybornov, The Chairman of the Board, Deputy of Sverdlovsk Regional Parliament, Vice Chairman at the Parliamentary Committee on Legislature and Local Governing
Elena Vybornova, Programs Director
Ludmila Batalova, Lawyer
Olga Tretyakova, Center for Marketing Information Director
Galina Kostromina, Center for Personnel Consultation Director
Roman Koposov, The Career-Ural 's Editor-in-Chief
Last updated: April 2000
A print version of much of the information contained in this NIS Third Sector Organizations section can be found in the The Post-Soviet Handbook (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1999).