ul. Tsiolkovskogo 23, kom. 2
InEkA was established to provide citizens access to environmental information and to heighten public awareness about the urgency of environmental issues. It has five basic programs:
- production of Ecological Bulletin, a monthly newsletter published in cooperation with other Novokuznetsk organizations;
- information services, including an environmental database that contains information on individuals and organizations, information searches on specific questions, and information exchange;
- monthly seminars coordinated with the Siberian Center for Citizen Initiatives and the Environmental Technology Project, both of which are sponsored by USAID;
- consulting services to provide professional assistance in environmental laws and regulations, education and legal issues for third sector organizations; and,
- translation and publication of foreign textbooks and educational materials on issues surrounding environmental protection, natural resource use, environmental economics, and sustainable development.
Last updated: January 1997
A print version of much of the information contained in this NIS Third Sector Organizations section can be found in the The Post-Soviet Handbook (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1999).