Pushkin St. 78
This information was provided by Counterpart International. In July 1997 Counterpart hosted a delegation of NGO leaders from Kazakstan and Kyrgyzstan for a month. These organizations are eager to network and develop on-going partnerships with interested organizations in the West. A brief agenda of their visit is listed below. This organization's interests include development of nongovernmental organizations, and labor and social protection.
- National Center for Non Profit Boards (June 30th),
- Counterpart (July 2, morning),
- Support Center of Washington (July 2, afternoon),
- Center for Non-Profit Management in Portland (July 7th and 8th), meetings with local Portland based NGOs (July 9th),
- Mercy Corps (July 10th, morning),
- Oregon Farmer Bureau in Salem (July 10, afternoon),
- Mobility International (July 11th, morning),
- David Atkins in Eugene (July 11th, afternoon),
- Headwater in Ashland (July 14th),
- Pacific Non-Profit Network in Medford (July 15th),
- PNN resource center and library (July 16th, morning),
- meeting local Medford based NGOs (July 16th, afternoon),
- Best Forum (July 17th - 19th),
- spend the day with Sukey Waller in Bend (July 21st)
Counterpart International, Project Director: Joel Levin.
Last updated: November 1998
A print version of much of the information contained in this Central Asian Third Sector Organizations section can be found in Civil Society in Central Asia (Seattle: University of Washington Press, 1999).