Orbita-2, Building 17-A, #36
This information was provided by Counterpart International. In July 1997 Counterpart hosted a delegation of NGO leaders from Kazakstan and Kyrgyzstan for a month. These organizations are eager to network and develop on-going partnerships with interested organizations in the West. A brief agenda of their visit is listed below. Their interests include disabled rights, mobilization, leadership development, and lobbying.
- Parent Educational Advocacy Training Center in VA (July 7th, 10:15 to 2:15),
- National Parent Network on Disabilities in VA (8th and 9th),
- Mainstream, Inc. in MD (July 10th),
- Endependence Center of Northern Virginia - ECNV (July 11th, 9:30-11:30),
- Mobility in Eugene, OR (14th-18th)
Counterpart International, Project Director: Joel Levin.
A print version of much of the information contained in this Central Asian Third Sector Organizations section can be found in Civil Society in Central Asia (Seattle: University of Washington Press, 1999).
|CCSI Home||Announcements||Eurasia||Opinion/Analysis||Bookstore||Site Map||Search|
Civil Society International
Resources for civic action worldwide
Last updated: November 1998