pr. Zholtoksan 12
The foundation was founded in 1996 to provide affordable publishing to NGOs, schools and universities throughout Central Asia. Since 1997, it has published more than 70 books for NGOs, and currently publishes nine NGO periodicals, including:
- Human Rights in Kazakstan and the World, edited by the Kazakstan International Human Rights and Rule of Law Bureau;
- Sustainable Development, edited by by the Fund in Support of Ecological Education;
- Equal Opportunity, edited by the Feminist League;
- What's Up Student, edited by the Cultural Legal Youth Center;
- Overview of Mass Media, edited by the Kazakstan Press Club.
The foundation helped organize a forum for ecological NGOs in Almaty in 1997. It is also planning to establish a bureau of technical support for NGOs and a technical training school to provide instruction in computer skills, publishing, NGO-management, fundraising and grant proposal writing.
A print version of much of the information contained in this Central Asian Third Sector Organizations section can be found in Civil Society in Central Asia (Seattle: University of Washington Press, 1999).
|CCSI Home||Announcements||Eurasia||Opinion/Analysis||Bookstore||Site Map||Search|
Civil Society International
Resources for civic action worldwide
Last updated: November 1998