#3 Avlevi st. 380005
Association of Young Economists of Georgia was founded in 1989. In 1993 three additional economic organizations were incorporated into it. The association unites young scientists, specialists, post-graduates, students and young people working in economic and business fields under the age of 35.
Aims and Tasks:
- Creation of social support for young economists;
- Training of personnel with high theoretical and practical knowledge;
- Concentration of ideas, views, and opportunities in order for economists to be able to take part in solving existing problems;
- Establishment of relations with colleagues in the country and abroad;
- Furtherment of public understanding of economic principles.
- Economic science, education;
- Study of economic and social development of the country;
- Development of business sector;
- Provision of complete, objective information;
- Cooperation among different sectors and groups of society and regions of the country.
The Association is eager and ready for cooperation with interested persons and organizations.
Last updated: July 1999
A print version of much of the information contained in this NIS Third Sector Organizations section can be found in the The Post-Soviet Handbook (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1999).