16, Vaja-Pshavela Ave.
We would like to inform you that hundreds of thousands of refugees exist in our country. In addition, there is a power crisis, citizens are not socially protected, ecology problems arise, there is a complete situation in health defense, national industry is almost inactive in all sphears, and education and employment for a great part of the young generation is impossible.
These and a lot of other unsolved problems made us decide to establish a non-government organization in order to contribute in its constitution and possible solution.
The International Fund AIDIO was registered at the Ministry of Justice on 17 September 1999. We have already prepared and presented to the “Open Society – Georgia” two projects, which participate in the contest – provision of high education system with scientific-methodic and information literature. Our objectives stipulated in the charter are as follows:
- protection of human rights and freedom, establishment of supreme democracy and law;
- establishment of proper environment for non-government organizations and providing assistance to them;
- promotion of legal reform in Georgia, to raise legal consciousness;
- promotion of penitential reform in Georgia;
- promotion of realization of children’s social and legal rights, to assist them in mental and physical development;
- active collaboration with international and governmental scientific and technical organizations in public health and environment protection;
- assistance to the Georgian specialists and professionals in establishment and development of relation with foreign partners, sharing international experience, promotion professionalism, extension of knowledge, present country’s achievements and progress abroad.
Last updated: November 1999
A print version of much of the information contained in this NIS Third Sector Organizations section can be found in the The Post-Soviet Handbook (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1999).