Research Center "Youth and Democracy" (RCYD) is a non-governmental, non-political, non-profit research organization, which was created in January 1997 and is located in Baku, Azerbaijan Republic.
The purpose of the Center is:
- to monitor the situation of youth, refugees and IDPs, migration, women, children problems in Azerbaijan,
- to carry out sociological researches on youth, migration, women, issues,
- to develop the proposals for development of the legal system, concerning youth;
- to learn international experiences, concerning youth work, persons, migration issues,
- to organize conferences, seminars, courses fo young people, women and refugees activites;
- to publish the newspapers, magazines, newsletter, books, posters, concerning youth, refugees IDPs and women's problems.
The Research Center "Youth and Democracy" collected the wide information about youth organizations, existing in Azerbaijan and prepared the "information booklet about youth organizations". It has written several articles, related to the state youth policy. It organizes training courses for young leaders by the Center.
Workers of the Center keep contacts with all youth organizations in Azerbaijan. The participated in the "Democracy development" programm organized by USAID and AED; at the courses organized by OSCE in Baku, at the training courses on the subject of human rights and leadership in Warsaw organized by Helsinki Foundation; Summerschool organized HCA in Georgia, at the conferences organized by youth organizations of Ukraine, Georgia, Russia. The staff of the center took active part at the UN conference on the problems of forced migration in CIS and consults to Open Society Institute (USA), INLIA Foundation (Holland) on forcible migration in Azerbaijan.
Center published the bulletin "Youth activates news" ("Youth and Democracy"). In June 1997 with Human Rights Center of Azerbaijan and AI Azerbaijan a special bulletins "Refugees and Displaced Persons in Azerbaijan" was published and there is a plan to publish the Directory for refugees.
Last updated: January 1998
A print version of much of the information contained in this NIS Third Sector Organizations section can be found in the The Post-Soviet Handbook (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1999).