Yalta, Crimea, Ukraine July 30 - August 12, 1999
The purpose of the Summer School is to familiarize faculties of leading educational institutions in Eastern Europe with the teaching tool Case Study Method, and involve them in developing local Case Studies which can be widely distributed among institutions across the region. During the Summer School, participants will learn the theoretical background and acquire the practical skills of Case Study as well as gain experience in writing their own cases. The participants will enhance their Case Teaching techniques by having the opportunity to teach a case themselves. They will learn how to collect materials, how to prepare interviews, and how to process materials in order to construct a high-quality case study.
The focal discipline of the 1999 Summer School will be Public Administration. Preference will be given to candidates using advanced methods in their courses. The language of instruction will be English.
Applications will be accepted from countries of Central/Eastern Europe and the former Soviet Union. In all, the School will be able to host up to 15 non-Ukrainian participants, which will help establish networks among faculties with the same area of expertise across the region.
The following criteria will be taken into account for acceptance into the Summer School:
Applicants with a background of the Case Study Method will be given preference.
- full time status with a relevant educational institution
- teaching courses in the field of Public Administration
- 40 years of age or younger
- fluency in English
- Howars Husok, Director, Case Study Program, J.Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, USA; Jonathan Brock, Associate professor, University of Washington, Seattle, USA;
- Glen Wright, Professor/consultant, Local Government Partnership Program, Warsaw, Poland;
- Pavlo Sheremeta, MBA, partner, Center for Management Development, Kyiv, Ukraine;
- Genady Kanishchenko, Ph.D, president, Center for Management Development, Kyiv, Ukraine;
- Yuriy Surmin, Professor, Ukrainian Academy of Public Administration, Dnipropetrovsk Branch, Ukraine.
The final deadline for receipt of applications is June 15, 1999.For more information and application forms contact:
Innovation and Development Center / Case Study Summer School
4/6, Desiatynna str.
P.O. Box 228
Tel: +380 (44) 228-8384, 229 1748, 246 7205
Fax: +380 (44) 229-1748, 246-7205
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: April 12, 1999