On February 23-25, 2000, in Batumi (Republic of Georgia), will be held the 1st International Congress, "The Modern World And Human Rights In The Caucasus".
- The Aslan Abashidze's International Foundation
- The International Association "CAUCASUS: Ethnic Relations, Human Rights, Geopolitics" (IACERHRG)
- The National Section of Georgia of the International Society for Human Rights (ISHR-IGFM)
- The International Committee for Human Rights of the Chechen Republic, Ichkeria
- The Netherlands Helsinki Union (NHU)
Themes of the round table discussions (February 25):
- International Human Rights NGOs and Human Rights situation in the Caucasus
- Intergovernmental Organizations (UNO, OSCE, CoE, EU, etc) and Human Rights situation in the Caucasus
- The modern world and problems of resolution of the Ethnic Conflicts in the Caucasus
- The Chechen problem and the modern world
- Russia and the Caucasus
- Political prisoners and refugees in the Caucasus
- Caucasus: Human Rights and Education
- Rights of Nations
- Role of the Human Rights NGOs in the development of the Civil Society in the Post-soviet Caucasus
Dr. Aslan Abashidze, MP (Georgia, Chairman), Dr. Levan Z. Urushadze (Georgia, Co-Chairman), Dr. Bas van der Plas (The Netherlands), Prof. David Nissman (USA), Prof. Virginia Davis Nordin (USA), Prof. Said-Emin Ibrakhimov (Chechen Republic Ichkeria), Hans Born (Germany), Dr. Konstantine Z. Gamsakhurdia (Switzerland), Dr. Umud Mirzoyev (Azerbaijan), Prof. Elizbar Javelidze, MP (Georgia), Prof. Gigi Khornauli (Georgia), Dr. Lia Andguladze (Georgia), Dr. Guram Mirtskhulava (Georgia), Giorgi Targamadze, MP (Georgia).
Official languages: Georgian, English, Russian.
Time limit for the lecturers: 15 min.
Time limit for the participants of the round table discussions: 10 min.
Deadline for registration and abstracts: January 25, 2000.
Registration fee: 100 USD (payment in situ). The participants from NIS countries set free from the registration fee.
The participants of the Congress will be accomodated and the travel expenses will be paid.
We cordially invite you to the Congress and hope for your coming in Georgia.
With kind regards,
Dr. Levan Z. Urushadze,
Co-Chairman of the Organizing Committee,
President of the National Section of Georgia
of the ISHR-IGFM, Co-Chairman of IACERHRG
G. Tsabadze Street 3-32,
Republic of Georgia.
Tel/Fax: (+995 32) 348651
Fax: (+995 32) 001153
Last updated: January 2000