Hachapoory - popular Georgian pie (large version)
INGREDIENTS and PROPORTIONS:
600g of any meltable cheese (the best is soolgooni)
3 glasses flour
1 glass plain yogurt (maconi, kefir)
3/4 of tsp of baking soda
1) 200gr butter + 3 cap flour mixt by hands
2) form a hollow and pour in a cap of maconi (plain yogurt) + 1 yolk + 2/3 tsp soda. It should be soft dough, but add some flour if necessary.
3) Cut dough into two pieces (one slightly bigger than other) and roll each
4) grease each peice with 50g butter, fold as envelop and put away in refrigirator for 2 hours or for a night. (cover to prevent overdrying)
5) IF YOU HAVE SOLTED CHEES: put chees into water for 2-3 hours
6) chees and white of two eggs mix in a bowl by hands
7) roll bigger 'envelop', put it into greased baking pan so edges would be on the walls of it
8) put evenly chees mixture on it
9) roll second 'envelop' and put over the chees so it covers it complitely, but berelly reaches the walls of the pen
10) fold edges
11) pok by a fork 3-4 rows along the pie
12) second yolk add to little watter, stir, and pour onto pie. Extend over the whole surface.
13) bake in oven on moderate heat but at the upper part of it
a large pan for ovens; at least same size flat surface; refrigerator; oven
TIME-CONSUMING: 2-3 hours one day, 1-1.5 preparing and 45-60 minutes the
DIFFICULTY RATE: Fair
do not forget to make holes before baking : the water has to evaporate.
do not use not melted cheese.
do not hasitate to put more cheese than it is showen: Hachapoory is a delicious
Nothing could be better recalled by students, pupils, and tourists in Tbilisi,
Georgia then Georgian hachapoory, graeate substitution for any meal.
It much better would be prepared at home and eaten with the evening tea or
morning cap of milk or coffee.
Name: David Zlotchenko; mom's cook notebook
Email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org