American: Potato Salad
INGREDIENTS and PROPORTIONS:
8 cups potatoes
2 cups celery
1 cup green onion
1 cup parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup oil
3 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 cups Hellman's mayonnaise
4 1/2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
1) Cook and cool the potatoes. Peel them and dice them into bite-sized pieces.
DIFFICULTY RATE: Fair
2) Finely dice the celery. Finely slice the green onion. Finely mince the parsley.
3) In a large bowl, mix the celery, green onions and parsley with 1 1/2 teaspoons
of salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
4) Make a salad dressing from the oil, 3 Tablespoons of the lemon juice, 1/2
teaspoon of salt, 1/8 teaspoon sugar and the paprika. Mix these ingredients in a
jar with a tight lid, shaking vigorously until well blended. Pour this dressing over
the greens in the bowl, mix well and let the mixture marinate for at least 1/2 hour.
5) Add the diced potatoes to the greens, toss well and chill.
6) Mix the mayonnaise with the mustard and 3 Tablespoons of lemon juice. Pour
this mixture over the chilled salad and mix well. The salad will be very moist.
Do NOT use American "Salad Dressing" instead of mayonnaise, it's too sweet!!!
This is the best potato salad I have ever eaten!
Name: Marian Russell
Email address: email@example.com