American : Taiglach
INGREDIENTS and PROPORTIONS:
2 cup sugar
1 cup honey
2 tbs vegitable oil
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup nuts, coarsely broken
1) Beat the eggs lightly, then add the oil and mix
2) Sift the flour, the salt and baking soda together
3) Stir in the egg and oil mixture to make a soft but not sticky dough. Add more flour if necessary.nuts and rasins, then the Cognac.
4) Place the dough on a board on a doard lightly sprinkled with flour, and twist the dough into a rope shape about 1/3 inch thick.
5) Dip a knife into flour cut the rope of dough into small pieces about 1/3 inch long.
6) Place the pieces on well greased , shallow pan and bake in a moderately hot oven (375F) for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7) Shake the pan occasionally to keep the pieces separated and evenly browned
8) Prepare the honey syrop by mixing the the honey , sugar and ginger in sousepan.
9) Stir until the sugar until sugar is complitelly melted, then cook gently over a low flame for 5 minutes, stiring constantly, for honey will burn quickly.
10) Add the baked pieces anf dough and the nuts. Stir gently with a wooden spoon over low heat, until the pieces are well-coated with syrup.
11) Pour onto a wooden board that has been wet with cold water.
12) Cool. Wrap in waxed paper. Use a wooden spoon with a wooden spoon to separate the pieces and breake up the large clumps.
wooden board and wooden spoon
DIFFICULTY RATE: Fair
Make this honey candy on bright, dry day .
On rainy day, the moisture
Name: David Zlotchenko; NYANA PRESS brosure
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org