American : Traditional Rosh Hashan Honey Cake
INGREDIENTS and PROPORTIONS:
1 cup sugar
1 cup honey
2 cups strong black coffee
2 tbs vegitable oil
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsps baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground allspice
4 tsp ground cloves
2 cup walnut pieces
2 cup raisins
3 tsp Cognac
1) Line a 10 x 15 x 24 baking pan with waxed paper
DIFFICULTY RATE: Fair
2) coat the paper with shortening or vegitable oil
3) Preheat oven to 300F. Beat the eggs lightly, then add sugar gradually, beatting the mixture into the egg-sugar mixture.
4) Mix the dry ingradients, the flour, the baking soda, baking pouder, and spices in separate bowl
5) combine them with with egg mixture
6) stir in the nuts and rasins, then the Cognac.
7) Pour the butter into the baking pan and bake for one hour.
8) Check for doneness by poking the cake with a toothpick. The cake is DONE when the toothpic energes with no batter clinging to it and when surface of the cake is slightly springly.
9) Let the cake cool, then cut it into sqyares for serving.
For freasing, wrap the cake tightly, first in waxed paper, then in foil.
This recipe will yield about 36 servings.
You can bake it days before the holiday bcause it freezes well.
Name: David Zlotchenko;NYANA PRESS brosure
Email address: email@example.com