Lemon-Gladzeed Pound Cake
INGREDIENTS and PROPORTIONS:
3 cups cake flour, sifted
2 cups whte suger
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1+1/2 cups salted butter, softened
1/3 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
6 large eggs
2 tbs. pure lemon extract
1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest (1 medium lemons)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp. confectioner's suger, sifted
1) in a large bowl with qn electric mixter on low speed, blend flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
2) add butter, buttermilk ans 3 eggs.
3) beat on low until dry ingradients are moistend
4) increase speed to high and beat for 2 minutes
5) add lemon extractand lemon zest, and blend at medium speed.
6) add remaning eggs one a a time, beating at high dpeed for 30 seconds after each addition
7) pour a butter into prepared pan, and bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cace comes out clean
8) while pound cake is baking, prepare lemon glaze. In a small sousepan heat lemon juice and sugar over low heat. Stir constantly until suger dissolves.
9) When cake is done, remove from oven and leave cake in pan.
10) with a toothpick, poke holes in the surface of the cake, and pour half the glazer over it
11) cool in pan 15 minutes, then insert on cooling rack.
12) Brash top of pound cake with remaining lemon glaze.
13) Cool to room temperature, then dust with confectioners' sugar.
Oven preheated to 350 F; 3-quart fluted tube pan r bundt pan
DIFFICULTY RATE: Fair
Name: John Gerber; "100 Recipes from the Kitchen of Mrs. Fields"
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org