Poppy-Seed Bundt Cake
INGREDIENTS and PROPORTIONS:
3 cups flour, sifted
2 cups white suger
1/2 tbs. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1+1/2 cups salted butter, softened
1/2 cup (4 oz.) sour cream
6 large eggs
1/3 cup creame cherry
1/3 cup poppy seeds
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1) Prehet ovet to 350 F; Grease and flour a 3-quarted tube pan or bundt pan
2) in a large bowl with qn electric mixter on low speed, blend flour, suger, salt and baking powder on low until all ingradients are distributed equally.
3) add butter, sour cream and 3 of eggs, and mix on medium until the dry ingradients are moistened.
4) beat on high for 2 minutes
5) Add remaining 3 eggs , one at a time, alternating with sherry. Beat well after each addition
6) Blend in poppy seeds on low speed.
7) pour batter into prepared pan and bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into cace comes out clean.
8) cool in pan 10 minutes, then insert cake onto a rack to cool
9) when cake has cooled complitely, lightly dust top with confectioners' sugar.
a 3-quarted tube pan or bundt pan
DIFFICULTY RATE: Fair
Name: John Gerber; "100 Recipes from the Kitchen of Mrs. Fields"
Email address: email@example.com