The Russian Association of Business Education (RABE) was established in 1990 to create "an effective system of business education in Russia that will provide home consumers with up-to-date means and resources for professional workforce training." RABE's programs include: an annual conference; public certification and assessment of member institutions; training and study abroad programs for business people and professors; and the development of long-term training programs and refresher courses for business education teachers. It is composed of over 50 business schools and commercial centers. Membership in RABE is open to state and commercial enterprises.
RABE's main objective is to offer all-around assistance in creating an effective system of business education in Russia that will provide home consumers with up-to-date means and resources for professional workforce training.
The Association aims to:
- participate in the elaboration of strategies for business education in Russia and CIS
- form a consumer-oriented approach to business education in Russia
- generate, select and disseminate innovative ideas as well as the best home and overseas experiences in management and business education
- guarantee the high quality of Russian business education
To achieve its objectives, RABE plans to:
- develop the association's network with the participation of corporate members, through international cooperation and by using business databanks
- carry out active exchange of information among the association's members
- participate in the preparation of a legislative basis for business
- assist the development of teaching methodology and consulting activities
- organize conferences and scientific seminars
- ensure the participation of Russian business-education centers in international projects
- assist the following activities:
- * foundation of new educational institutions and the restructuring of the existing ones
- * improvement of the system of control and assessment of the quality of business education
- * elaboration of original experimental consumer-oriented training programs
- * wide-scale dissemination of research results
- * procurement of various international sponsorships
To provide some specific examples of activities, RABE:
- arranges annual conferences with the participation of overseas partners and new structures in business education (potential members of the Association) as well as annual meetings of directors and deans of business schools - members of RABE,
- takes parts in the realization of joint international projects involving training of specialists, professors and managers
- provides, in conjunction with the State Committee of Higher Education of the Russian Federations, public certification and assessment of educational institutions and programs for the Association's members
- organizes training and studies abroad for business people, academic staff and professors of business schools
- organizes international conferences, symposia and meetings so as to promote business networking and information exchange
- arranges workshops with the participation of foreign professors and consultants
- assists in the establishment and expansion of business schools and major economic centers in Russia and the CIS countries
- sponsors the entry and accreditation of its members in international organizations involved with management and business education
- assists in the development of long-term training programs in business education as well as refresher courses for professors and teaching staff
- supplies training centers with scientific literature, teaching aid and translations of foreign text books and other materials
- organizes exhibitions on business education and arranges contests for the best educational and training programs, and for teaching and methodology literature
- assists promotion campaigns, publishes information about the Association's members in periodicals, helps its members to prepare advertisement materials, sets up presentations, publishes a RABE-INFO press bulletin which highlights the activities of the Association and its members.
The RABE Network
The RABE headquarters and directorship are located in Moscow.
RABE has 7 regional centers:
- St. Petersburg Institute of International Management
- JSV Kaliningrad School of International Business
- Nizhny Novgorod Institute of Management and Business
- Alma-Ata School of Management
- Omsk Institute of World Economy "SIBECO"
- Baikal Training Complex of Irkutsk State University
- Ekaterinburg Refresher Institute for Specialists in Metallurgy
The Association maintains business contacts with other Russian organizations and associations such as the Russian Federation Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI), the National Fund for Training Financial and Managerial Cadres (NETFEMC), the Association of Joint Ventures, International Organizations and Associations (AJVIOA), the Association of Consultants on Economics and Management (ACEM), the Association of Russian Higher Educational Institutions (ARHEI).
RABE is on partnership terms with the Association of the Ukrainian Banks and Central Asian Fund of Management Development (CAMAN).
RABE's foreign partners
RABE cooperates closely and exchanges information with training centers and business schools using its links with: European Fund of Management Development (EFMD), American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), Central and East- European Management Development Association (CEEMAN), International Federation of Business Education (IFBE), International Labour Organization of United Nations (ILO UN), Canadian Federation of Deans of Management and Administration Faculties, International Network of Workforce Refresher Courses (INTRMAN), and the Indian Association of Management Schools (AIMS).
RABE has stable business contacts and ties with its partners in the following countries of the world: Belgium, Denmark, Finland France Germany, Holland, India, Italy, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, USA and other countries.
Benefits from membership in RABE
Membership in RABE will provides members to:
Corporate Membership in RABE:
- keep up contacts with highly-qualified specialists in business education and with Russian and CIS business representatives
- have access to information and database on management and business education in Russia
- participate in conferences, seminars, training and workshops in close cooperation with leading factors in business education, consulting and management in Russia and abroad
- to obtain access to training programs and methodology materials by the major business schools of Russia and CIS countries
- to receive scientific and methodological assistance along with financial support from the Association's Western partners.
RABE Membership is open to State and commercial enterprises, which provides an opportunity to participate in training and retraining programs with business-education professionals.
Activities oriented toward corporate members:
- organization of conferences and professional workshops
- development of in-company continuing business education by setting up branches and affiliates of educational institutions at major and medium-size enterprises
- preparation of tailor-made training programs
- combining training and consulting
- expert research in companies
Last updated: June 1996
A print version of much of the information contained in this NIS Third Sector Organizations section can be found in the The Post-Soviet Handbook (Seattle and London: University of Washington Press, 1999).