ul. Rogova 12-46
ECOPRESS was established in 1989 for the collection, evaluation, and distribution of reliable environmental information. The group uses an extensive network of well-known experts and professional journalists for implementation of the following projects:
- International public environmental impact assessment of natural gas drilling on the Yamal peninsula in Western Siberia
- Study of renewable energy utilization in Denmark
- Study of methods for environmental monitoring from space (ECOPRESS has published several articles and prepared an instruction manual)
- Participation in the international conference Environmental Impact Assessment–Situation and Perspectives in Europe, in Genoa, Italy
- Research projects on nuclear accidents in the Urals, including a book published in Russian in 1996 and in English in 1998, and the production of a video
- Study of methods used for application of environmental information to national policy formulation.
The last involved preparation of a Catalogue of Primary Sources of Environmental Information and A Review of the System of Environmental Monitoring and Related Environmental Policy Issues in the Russian Federation and the Former Soviet Union. Articles and photos prepared by ECOPRESS have been published in numerous Russian newspapers and journals, including Energiya, Zeleny Mir, Radical, Komsomolskaya pravda, Chelovek i priroda, and Zhurnalist.
Last updated: February 1999