Digest for November 12, 1998

01-12 November 98  Sender:  jabconn.iAmerica.com
                   Subject: from Barbara Connaughton

02-12 November 98  Sender:  bboulton@wsb.datapro.net
                   Subject: from Bill Boulton

03-12 November 98  Sender:  CarryD@aol.com
                   Subject: from Carry Domarski

04-12 November 98  Sender:  homeharp@pacbell.net
                   Subject: from Jane Alstott

05-12 November 98  Sender:  eks41@hotmail.com
                   Subject: from Tanya

06-12 November 98  Sender:  bangela@snspa.ro
                   Subject: from Biletcaia Angela

07-12 November 98  Sender:  2582@dialup.mplik.ru
                   Subject: from Marina Revzina

08-12 November 98  Sender:  elleon@geocities.com
                   Subject: from Elena

09-12 November 98  Sender:  houptb@cfbisd.edu
                   Subject: from Billie Houpt

RECENT EMAIL . . .

01-12 November 98  Sender:  "Mark & Sveta" (cbeta@ivnet.net)
                   Subject: INFO-RUSS: Russian food stores, etc

02-12 November 98  Sender:  Maria (citzinfo@irk.ru)
                   Subject: Looking for pen pals

03-12 November 98  Sender:  "Virginia Simmons" (vsimmons@access.k12.wv.us)
                   Subject: Thanksgiving in Prague

04-12 November 98  Sender:  "Russian-American Chamber of Commerce
                                           (Wash.DC  USA)" (rusric@erols.com)
                   Subject: RECEPTION AND VODKA TASTING IN CHICAGO

05-12 November 98  Sender:  Nick Burmako (nikbur@rocketmail.com)
                   Subject: from Belarus

06-12 November 98  Sender:  IREX Human Resources (hr@irex.org)
                   Subject: Internship

07-12 November 98  Sender:  Nick Burmako (nikbur@rocketmail.com)

08-12 November 98  Sender:  sassa (sassa@pent200.podol.khmelnitskiy.ua)
                   Subject: Hi

09-12 November 98  Sender:  gcole@solar.rtd.utk.edu
                   Subject: Fogarty International Research Collaboration
                                Award (FIRCA)

10-12 November 98  Sender:  Human Resources (hr@projectharmony.org)
                   Subject: Job: Project Harmony

11-12 November 98  Sender:  Charlotte Wager (charlotte@facets.org)

12-12 November 98  Sender:  Jeanhannon@aol.com
                   Subject: Bikash

13-12 November 98  Sender:  htw7792@rob.rz.htw-dresden.de
                   Subject: Russia

14-12 November 98  Sender:  Yanki Pursun (fyp@gmx.de)
                   Subject: employment in the Former USSR or anywhere in Europe

15-12 November 98  Sender:  "Anna S. Shemonaeva" (ic243ass@ic.dcn-asu.ru)
                   Subject: LOOKING FOR A STUDENT

16-12 November 98  Sender:  fang (fang@windoms.sitek.net)
                   Subject: Hello

17-12 November 98  Sender:  "Levan Urushadze" (levanu@hotmail.com)

18-12 November 98  Sender:  chakhovs@ece.ucdavis.edu (Andrei G. Chakhovskoi)
                   Subject: INFO-RUSS: PhD and MS diploma evaluation

19-12 November 98  Sender:  "T. S. White" (tswrace@ibm.net)
                   Subject: Aid to Russia

20-12 November 98  Sender:  "Andrey Ozharovskii" (zarov@host.cis.lead.org)
                   Subject: Invitation to election observation in St.Petersburg

21-12 November 98  Sender:  "Serguei A. Oushakine" (oushakin@ssc.upenn.edu)
                   Subject: IREX Announces Judaica Library and Museum Outreac

Sender:  jabconn.iAmerica.com

I am a teacher in Mandeville, LA U.S.A. I have a student who came to the
U.S.from Russia about 2 years ago.  We are trying to do a comparison of the
schools in Russia with the elementary schools in Louisiana.  We would
appreciate andy information that you could send us about the grade schools
in Russia.  Thank you.

Sender:  bboulton@wsb.datapro.net

I am writing on behalf of a young Russian woman who just married an
American and is living in the state of Washington.  She is searching for
resources in the form of books and computer programs which will help her
improve her English.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Sender:  CarryD@aol.com

I am working on my family tree and searching for my ancestors.  My
grandfather was born in Malkavicz Russia and I am looking for anyone in
Russia that might be able to help me locate any family by the name of
Buczyni.  Also his first name was Prokop, can you also tell me what the
American equalivant to that name would be(just curious) Thanks for your
help.

Sender:  homeharp@pacbell.net

Hello.
I found your page because I am looking for some Russian harp music--that
is, the printed music, so I can play it--which is difficult to find. It
must be only in Russia, and may only be available in a library. I am
looking for:

Fantasy on Tchaikovsky's Opera "The Queen of Spades" by V. Kikta
Polka-Mazurka by A. Gurilev (possible originally for piano?)
Harp Concerto by D. Finnko
Vocal Cycles and Antique Suites by U. Yevgrafov
Solo for Harp by S. Slonimsky

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Jane

Sender:  eks41@hotmail.com

Hello!  I am 17-years old girl from Russia and I want to have
English-speaking pen-friends from all over the world.  I study in
university for the profession of sociologist.  I'll be glad to receive your
letters.

Sender:  bangela@snspa.ro

My dear friends!  My name is Anjelica.,I'm from Ukraine.  I graduated the
University of Cernovtsy,also the postgraduated School of International
Relations .In the prezent time I'm studying the Low in Bucharest and also I
prepare my doctorand Ph.D deegre aboute globalization,liberazisation and
regionalisation of international (world) economic.  I 'd be glad to meet
friend all around the world and especially them,hwo are interested in my
profile.You can write me in Roumanian, Russian, Ucrainean,English.  I also
know German and french,but not very good I have two big problems: 1.  I
don't know very well english, french and german.I tried to learn those
languages by myself,but it's not easy.  I realize that I must speak with
others in English, but I have no one hwo could speak with me .I'm waiting
for your advise how to learn English faster..  2.The second problem is that
I will be glad to travell and to meet englishspeaking people,but I haven't
enough money for it.  Dear friends,I'm waiting for your help,for your
advise and I wiil be glad to write and to meet all of you.  With kind
respects , ANJELIKA

Sender:  2582@dialup.mplik.ru

Hello, my name is Marina.  I'm from Russia and i'm interested in everybody
who wants to communicate, especially who speaks french or studies it.  I'm
a student of the University of foreign languages.  I'm 20 years old.  I'll
be happy to correspond with the foreigners.  Come on,write me now!!!  I'm
waiting all the time!!!

Sender:  elleon@geocities.com

Is your surname Leonov, Leonoff or Leonova?  And do you have a home page?
I am curious to see how many of us there are out there.  So far I have
found "Leonovy" in Russia, USA, Canada, Australia, Israel and Argentina!
See the links at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/2533/leonov.html Esli
Vasha familia "Leonov" i Vy imeete domashniuiu stranichku, otkliknites'!

Sender:  houptb@cfbisd.edu

Just looking for information concerning Houpt, Haupt, or Hauptmann family
heritage from Germany or possibly Russia.