Digest for October 03, 1998

01-03 October 98  Sender:  akarius@synapse.net
                  Subject: from akarius

02-03 October 98  Sender:  costaya38@yahoo.com
                  Subject: from costaya russo

03-03 October 98  Sender:  pkpuvis@onlinealkar.dp.up
                  Subject: from Kireyeva Svetlana

04-03 October 98  Sender:  lisa121160webtv.net
                  Subject: from Lisa

05-03 October 98  Sender:  hayestw@risc6.unisa.ac.za
                  Subject: from Steve Hayes

06-03 October 98  Sender:  rivkin@ambernet.kiev.ua
                  Subject: from Anatoly Ryvkin

07-03 October 98  Sender:  airtravl73@aol.com
                  Subject: from Chris Mackowski

RECENT EMAIL . . .

01-03 October 98  Sender:  "Ilia A.Ovsiannikov" (ilya@rana.usc.edu)
                  Subject: Russian Los Angeles website

02-03 October 98  Sender:  "Paul Richardson" (paul@rispubs.com)
                  Subject: Russian Life's new issue

03-03 October 98  Sender:  KathrynW@checkind.com (Kathryn)
                  Subject: Russian Christians

04-03 October 98  Sender:  IREX Human Resources (hr@irex.org)
                  Subject: Project Accountant Position

05-03 October 98  Sender:  yakov stul (yakov2223@yahoo.com)
                  Subject: sponsor

06-03 October 98  Sender:  "David Wang" (phoenix@public1.wx.js.cn)
                  Subject: looking for Russian friends

07-03 October 98  Sender:  Ibraghimov Rustam (irustam@khj.td.silk.org)
                  Subject: How are you

08-03 October 98  Sender:  "Eddie" (bady@email.msn.com)
                  Subject: relatives

09-03 October 98  Sender:  Ethel Dunn (edunn@well.com)
                  Subject: Russian social science books

10-03 October 98  Sender:  Linda.Riddell@msi1.msintergate.com
                  Subject: Global Learn Day II

11-03 October 98  Sender:  "Andrew  Dranov" (root@andr.kemerovo.su)
                  Subject: About opportunity to use computer in TORONTO
(CANADA)

12-03 October 98  Sender:  Ethel Dunn (edunn@well.com)
                  Subject: Zakavkazskaya Rossiya

13-03 October 98  Sender:  Ethel Dunn (edunn@well.com)
                  Subject: Russian scholar wants assignments

14-03 October 98  Sender:  artserv@cybertours.com
                  Subject: Cyrillic alphabet

15-03 October 98  Sender:  "L. Drexler" (wcan32@runestone.net)
                  Subject: occassional translation help

16-03 October 98  Sender:  IggyDybal@aol.com
                  Subject: VOICE RECOGNITION SOFTWARE IN RUSSIAN? -- THANKS

17-03 October 98  Sender:  coleg@wtd.net
                  Subject: email in Nalchik?

18-03 October 98  Sender:  JimNGerry@aol.com
                  Subject: russia

19-03 October 98  Sender:  "SV" (BG@adss.irkutsk.ru)
                  Subject: Please help us to construct the church

20-03 October 98  Sender:  Dale Coleman (elad@mcn.org)
                  Subject: σΠΑΣΙΒΟ!

21-03 October 98  Sender:  "CSDC, SE" (center@kodeks.net)
                  Subject: KODEKS Professional Legal Systems

22-03 October 98  Sender:  Mats-Olov OLSSON (olsson@iiasa.ac.at)
                  Subject: Web site describing management accounting course

23-03 October 98  Sender:  Ibragimov Rustam (irustam@khj.td.silk.org)
                  Subject: from Tajikistan

24-03 October 98  Sender:  Igor B (igorbv73@yahoo.com)
                  Subject: Please can anyone send me advice

25-03 October 98  Sender:  "The Tropicoman" (thetropicoman@hotmail.com)
                  Subject: This site is really great!!!

26-03 October 98  Sender:  Preetham (oops@krec.ernet.in)
                  Subject: Help to find friends!

27-03 October 98  Sender:  ibentch@mbayweb.com
                  Subject: russifying win95

28-03 October 98  Sender:  "Brenda & Charlie Albert" (bcalbert@sentex.net)
                  Subject: Wanting to find roots

29-03 October 98  Sender:  Krista Rauch (kristale@gte.net)
                  Subject: Hello

30-03 October 98  Sender:  Susan Clark (racu@bellatlantic.net)
                  Subject: Russian-America Christian University

31-03 October 98  Sender:  "David W. Taylor" (dw-taylor@erols.com)
                  Subject: "We the Living"

32-03 October 98  Sender:  dstone@hamilton.edu
                  Subject: comment about /friends/news/omri/

Sender:  akarius@synapse.net

living in canada I see all sorts of different cultures and am always
curious to meet new people who are much different than myself.  Feel free
to drop me line.

Sender:  costaya38@yahoo.com

I am a single male, 38yrs.  I'm of European descent.  Well educated, having
a senior position in an international company.  I'm a sincere, caring, &
considerate person.  I'm 169cm, 74kg, athletic, ruggedly handsome, black
hair, & brown eyes.  I enjoy; romantic restuarants, movies, travelling,
children and animals.  I would like to correspond with a Russian Lady with
the view of establishing a long term relationship.  She should be;
friendly, sociable, educated, intelligent,& well groomed.  Preferably; dark
hair-black/brown, slim, height 150-165cm, weight 45-60kg, age 25 -35years.
She should enjoy; travelling, music, theatre & dinning out.  She must be an
animal lover.  A photo will be sent on request.  THANK YOU FOR READING THIS
ADD.

Sender:  pkpuvis@onlinealkar.dp.up

Dear friends!  I am 32.  I am translator of Russian-English and
English-Russian.  I look for a job of translations.  I can do any
translations.  I wait for your orders on this mail adress.

Sender:  lisa121160webtv.net

Writing Today Interested in having someone write for pen pal.  interested
in all subjects of news and political home and children if you wish to
write , preferably female for friendship over net.

Sender:  hayestw@risc6.unisa.ac.za

If there are any Orthodox Christians who would like to correspond with
others, check the Orthodox Christian Penpals Club page at
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/penpals.htm

If you are interested in the ministry of reconciliation, you may be
interested in joining the Peacemakers
discussion forum.

Click on the graphic below to visit my personal page

Sender:  rivkin@ambernet.kiev.ua

HI for All!  I'm live in Kiev and intresting have a frend in bussenes in
USA .I have a private reserch firm and intresting coopereishen.But , I
dumayu chto mne luchshe pisat na russkom

Sender:  airtravl73@aol.com

Hello, My family on both sided is Ukranian.  I'm looking for a pen-pal that
can correspond in both English and Ukranian.  If you are interested in what
I look like, my picture can be found at:
ftp://members.aol.com/cmackowski/partychris.gif Have a good day!  -Chris

Sender:  "Ilia A.Ovsiannikov" (ilya@rana.usc.edu)

Dear friends,
  please stop by at our site for Russian-speaking community of Los Angeles.
The site features
- a mailing list with info about upcoming concerts, events, job openings
- events calendar page
- yellow pages: businesses, medicine, travel, restaurants, grocery shops,
Russian video rental stores
- chat
- classifieds board

http://www-scf.usc.edu/~russians/info/

With best regards,
-- Ilia Ovsiannikov

Sender:  "Paul Richardson" (paul@rispubs.com)

The new issue of Russian Life is here!

On our cover, President Boris Yeltsin offers his Evita impression...
see our website for more info:

www.rispubs.com

Meanwhile, inside, we look at:

* the human side of the current financial crisis in Russia
* Americans marrying Russians
* Novgorod
* The 100th anniversary of the Russian museum
* The 100th anniversary of the Metropol Hotel
.and much much more!

Plus each issue includes a copy of Access Russia, our color
catalog of books, maps, videos, music and publications of interest
to people interested in Russia! Over 300 items in all.

For a free copy of Access Russia (our 12th edition!), or to sign up
for a subscription to Russian Life, visit our website, or email us with
your snailmail address.

All the best,

Paul Richardson
Publisher

http://www.rispubs.com
sales@rispubs.com

Sender:  KathrynW@checkind.com (Kathryn)

My name is Kathryn.  I am 24.  I am from England and am a Christian.  I
love Russia (and USSR) with all of my heart.  I care for Russia and its
people deeply.  I have only been to Russia (St Petersburg) twice - but have
a big feeling for Russia.  I would be very interested to learn about, or
make contact with Russian Christians (or Christians in Russia) and
Christian Organisations in Russia, or who care for Russia.  I know only
about OM and a little about Eurovision.  I would be very happy if anybody
could tell me anymore about anything!

Spasiba

Kathryn

PS. I'm sorry that this message is so short - but I can only use the
internet at work!

Sender:  IREX Human Resources (hr@irex.org)

INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNTANT

Project Accountant

IREX, a leading non-profit organization in international education and
training seeks a Project Accountant to work with AID and USIA funded
programs in Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and NIS. The successful
candidate will have 2/3 years experience in budgeting, cost monitoring, and
financial reporting for US government programs; and be well organized and
skilled at working on multiple tasks.  Bachelors degree in Business or
related field and knowledge of Excel and Word required.  Knowledge of
Solomon IV a plus.  Experience in international programs highly desirable.
IREX has an excellent benefits package.  For more info: www.irex.org.

Send resume and cover letter to: IREX, HR/Proj Acct, 1616 H Street, NW,
Washington, DC 20006, Fax: (202) 628-8189, E-mail: hr@irex.org. No phone calls
please. EOE

Sender:  yakov stul (yakov2223@yahoo.com)

Dear Friends,
I am looking for sponsor that help me to publish manuscript "living
without ilnesses" in russian language.
Thank You
Yakov Stul

Sender:  "David Wang" (phoenix@public1.wx.js.cn)

Hi   Everyone,

My name is David Wang from China. 30-years old and gradulated from
Nanjin University. My major is Electric---Semiconduct, but now I am
working in a stateown Foreign Trade Company and doing Import and
Export business.

I have been to Russia  for more than 6 times for business trip.
I can not speak Russian, so it is very difficult for me to know more
Russia and to establish friendship relation with Russian.

I really want to have some Russian friends who can speak English or
Chinese.

Middle of Sept. 1998, I visited Moscow and MEET the Russian CRISIS.
During the 14 days I stay in Moscow the Roble exchange rate changed
from 8.4 to more than 23 and then return to 10.5. As a foreigner I can
not understand what Russian peoples thinking at that time ----price for
the goods went up without improving the salary.

David Wang

Sender:  Ibraghimov Rustam (irustam@khj.td.silk.org)

Hello! My name is Rustam.I want to correspond with somebody to make my
English better and to associate with the people from the other countries
to enlarge my scope.
I'd like to know all about you, your people and your way of life.
And now some words about myself. Last year I finished Technological
University of Tajikistan and now I'm economist with the skill of English.
I'm married and have a daughter. I'm Tajik. My hobby is music. I write
and a little sing.
I hope that you'll respond to my letter.
Rustam.

Sender:  "Eddie" (bady@email.msn.com)

Dear Friends,
My name is Eddie. Currently I reside in New York City. I am interested to
obtain some information related to my wife's ancestors. Her Grandmother was
graduated from The Smolny Institute between 1910 and 1917, the last name
most likely had some similarity with Gnatiuk or Danilchuk. I will appreciate
any help or helpful information.
For me personally the starting point of the research would be the list of
the students graduated within above mentioned time frame.
Down below I have a few family pictures, if those can give some help.
Truly yours Eddie.

Sender:  Ethel Dunn (edunn@well.com)

        Highgate Road Social Science Research Station (32 Highgate Road,
Berkeley,
CA 94707) still has about 300 Russian social science books published
1960s-1980s for sale at whatever price the buyer cares to pay. I'm told
no-one cares for such books any more, but I believe it's a sin to destroy
books. Can anyone on the list help me out?  Any library anywhere can have
then by paying the shipping costs. Any help or suggestions are welcome.
Ethel Dunn