Digest for September 17, 1998

01-17 September 98  Sender:  Grigory Kanevsky (grigory93@netscape.net)
                    Subject: need advice in critical situation

02-17 September 98  Sender:  "Joan M. Frye" (jfrye@nsf.gov)
                    Subject: Fwd: Fellowship Announcements

03-17 September 98  Sender:  gcole@solar.rtd.utk.edu
                    Subject: Fulbright-Hays--Group Projects Abroad Program

04-17 September 98  Sender:  gcole@solar.rtd.utk.edu
                    Subject: Fulbright-Hays--Doctoral Dissertation Research
                             Abroad Program

05-17 September 98  Sender:  gcole@solar.rtd.utk.edu
                    Subject: Fulbright-Hays--Faculty Research Abroad
                             Fellowship Program

06-17 September 98  Sender:  GBC RADIO NEWSROOM (gbcradio@ghana.com)
                    Subject: enquiries

07-17 September 98  Sender:  "Angie Theis" (angie@itis.com)
                    Subject: Autism

08-17 September 98  Sender:  "Eddie" (bady@email.msn.com)
                    Subject: looking for name Gnatiuk or Danilchuk

09-17 September 98  Sender:  "Dennis McConnell, Maine Business School"
                             (Mac@Maine.edu)
                    Subject: Western NIS Enterprise Fund Seeking
                             Assistant Controller

10-17 September 98  Sender:  Mike Thurman (mthurman@cetlink.net)
                    Subject: Central Asian Environment Web Page

11-17 September 98  Sender:  Rob79@aol.com
                    Subject: (no subject)

12-17 September 98  Sender:  Navruzova Nigina (navruz@khj.td.silk.org)
                    Subject: From Tajikistan

13-17 September 98  Sender:  Paul Begley (pbegley@bellsouth.net)
                    Subject: geneology of Shramuk

Sender:  Grigory Kanevsky (grigory93@netscape.net)

INFO-RUSS assumes no responsibility for the information/views of its users.

My parents-in-laws came to US to live with us in May 97.  Unfortunately,
they left grandmother of 92 years old in Moscow and due to illness of
person who was taking care of her they had to go back to care for grandma
in June 97.  They had temporary stamps in their passports indicating their
status of permanent residents.  We also hoped for green cards to come in
mail soon ( Green cards never came and we are trying to find from INS where
they are ).  In April of this year - a month before stamps will expire -
parents went to the American embassy in Moscow to ask how they can get back
to US. They were told not to worry and when they want to go to US they will
get the transportation letter from the Embassy.  In August they went to the
Embassy to get transportation letter but were sent away without it.  They
were also told never come to Embassy again.  It's all very dramatic for us
and we do whatever possible to resolve this situation.  If anybody had
similar experience or know similar cases please send any helpful
information to grigory93@netscape.net

Thank you,
Grigory
Dallas, TX