Digest for August 10, 1998

01-10 August 98  Sender:  cheerleader1083@yahoo.com
                 Subject: from Amy

02-10 August 98  Sender:  gregory320@hotmail.com
                 Subject: from Sean

03-10 August 98  Sender:  jsassor@hotmail.com
                 Subject: from jean sassor

04-10 August 98  Sender:  maryann.moran@snet.net
                 Subject: from Mary Ann

05-10 August 98  Sender:  rottwitt.jan@get2net.dk
                 Subject: from Jan Rottwitt

06-10 August 98  Sender:  solid@ftcenter
                 Subject: from Anna

RECENT EMAIL . . .

01-10 August 98  Sender:  Tamara Kieffer (irex@irex.org)
                 Subject: IREX International Coop/Intern

02-10 August 98  Sender:  Mary Mayer (meadow@dircon.co.uk)
                 Subject: Dyslexia / Russian children

03-10 August 98  Sender:  "Waterwalls Waterwalls" (waterwalls@mailexcite.com)
                 Subject: WATERWALLS Russian NYC-based band

04-10 August 98  Sender:  "284th BSB S3 NCOIC, SFC B. Seliger"
                 Subject: Boy Scouts

05-10 August 98  Sender:  Bob Broedel (broedel@ray.met.fsu.edu)
                 Subject: RUSSIAN PINS/BADGES

06-10 August 98  Sender:  "Serge Melle" (Serge.Melle.smelle@nt.com)
                 Subject: Request for Information

07-10 August 98  Sender:  "Longstar" (longstar@blrg.tds.net)
                 Subject: Need a little help, please

08-10 August 98  Sender:  "Jason Lamont" (webbug@hotmail.com)
                 Subject: Privet

09-10 August 98  Sender:  michael stone (miketaddy@mindspring.com)
                 Subject: e-mail from programmer @kira.belgorod.mmtel.ru

10-10 August 98  Sender:  "Nick Smith" (skol@mail.wplus.net)
                 Subject: Hi

11-10 August 98  Sender:  povfc@compuserve.com
                 Subject: Russian studies

12-10 August 98  Sender:  regent@idt.net
                 Subject: equity trading job

13-10 August 98  Sender:  "Serguei A Oushakine" (G96Ous72@STUDENT.CEU.HU)
                 Subject: PR Professional for USAID Market Education Project

14-10 August 98  Sender:  "Serguei A Oushakine" (G96Ous72@STUDENT.CEU.HU)
                 Subject: United Nations Employment Opportunities

15-10 August 98  Sender:  Smiley142@aol.com
                 Subject: writing Russian using non-cyrillic fonts

16-10 August 98  Sender:  "Applied Information Technologies, Inc."
(callback@erols.com)
                 Subject: International phone calling

17-10 August 98  Sender:  NetLearn Languages (Enquiries@nll.co.uk)
                 Subject: LANGUAGE TEACHING - LIVE VIA THE INTERNET

Sender:  cheerleader1083@yahoo.com

Hello!  This past spring I was envolved in awesome project, an exchange
student program with the Russian town of Puschino.  It is so cool to have
"been there done that" and then be sitting at my house, in America, seeing
it on my computer.  Technology is amazing isn't it???  In January, 10
Russian students and two teachers from Puschino came and spent three weeks
with us, living in our homes, eating our food, expierencing our culture.
It was so cool to watch them and their reactions to everything.  I'll never
forget, we walked out of the airport and she saw all the cars and she was
like so many pretty cars!  It was really fun getting to know them and
making memeories, they'll be with me forever.  Then in March, the ten that
had hosted them went over there and we stayed in their homes, ate their
food, definately expierenced their culture.  I will never forget any of it.
I can be anywhere and all of a sudden just "be back", walking with Veronica
and you know, just being there.  Moscow is such a pretty city, we were
there at the beginning and end of our trip.  I loved it, every minute of it
and I can't wait to go back.  If you ever have a chance to go to Russia,
Puschino is the town!

Talk to ya later,
Amy

P.S. If anyone there reads this, please write to me, I'd love to hear
anything about it!

Sender:  gregory320@hotmail.com

I am 27 yrs old, working for the military, currently living in Greece and
have met a lot of nice Russian people here and have been trying to learn to
speak russian.  Through my efforts to learn more of the Russian language
on-line, I found this site.  I think it is a great idea and will give
people a better way to learn about another country than through books.  It
is a more interactive way to learn about a people and culture.  Hopefully,
I will be able to make some new friends and learn the language at the same
time.  I don't get a chance to check my e-mail very often, so please be
patient if I don't respond very quickly.

Sender:  jsassor@hotmail.com

Hi!  I'm trying to connect with anyone in Volgograd
that has e-mail. I lived there from 1992-1995.

Sender:  maryann.moran@snet.net

This is a really neat site.  I am looking for lost relatives
in Ukraine/Russia.  Anyone with information on the following
names please contact me:

KARASEVICH
BLASHKOVA
ZMUD
DENISIUK

Connections in:  Odessa, Vladivostok, Fedorovka

I am from Connecticut, USA

Thanks!

Sender:  rottwitt.jan@get2net.dk

I think this is an big idea and wish you all luck with this work!  I have
always been interested in Russia, as well as USA. Would like to know more
about Russia and Ukraine and other former parts of the SU - and I also
would like to find someone to exhange stamps with.  My interests are also
computers, I have a colection of more than 400 old ones, among these very
old IBM machines - but I would like to know something about Russian
computers - mean: computers built in Russia and SU areas (former East
Germany).  Hope someone would like to respond, and wish you all the very
best!